Every time I visit Wegmans, my holy grail food shopping mecca, I am guaranteed to overspend and buy stuff that isn’t even on my list. Something I always get, that’s never on my list is their big ass container of pre-washed mixed greens in the produce section. It’s a salad lovers dream. I am admittedly bad at eating vegetables every single day, so this salad is my savior. I basically grab a handful, toss it with about a tablespoon of whatever vinaigrette I want to seduce my senses, and keep it movin’. I had a few leftover shrimp just relaxin in my fridge and realized I had a few other yummy fixin’s to throw together. So I tossed a few shrimp with some seasoning, and lightly coated them with panko (Japanese breadcumbs, for those of you not in the know) and seared them until cooked thru and crisp. It turned out to be one of those yummy last minute dishes that you can prepare in minutes.
- 6 to 8 raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon
- lemon vinaigrette dressing (can use homemade or store bought)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse your shrimp under cold water and lightly pat dry. Try to keep them a little wet so that the seasoning and breadcrumbs will stick.
- Season shrimp lightly with whatever you’d like. I’d like for you to experiment here. I used a little salt, pepper, cayenne and chili powder. Use whatever you have.
- Toss your seasoned shrimp into the panko and press the crumbs into each piece so that they’re attached well enough.