Hey guys! I’m partnering with the Virginia Pork Council and Smithfield once again. This delicious slow cooker Roasted Garlic and Herb Pork Cacciatore is pure perfection. The pork is crazy juicy, tender, and so flavorful. Everything comes together so harmoniously, and it’s easy to make for a weeknight meal. Smithfield does a dynamite job at marinating their pork loin filets, which means you can whip this delicious meal up easily without any guesswork. A few more basic ingredients are all you need to take your cacciatore to the next level.
Classic cacciatore is known for being a rustic dish, so this is definitely a recipe you don’t have to worry too much about when chopping the ingredients. However, I do recommend you try to keep the pork slices the same thickness, just so they can cook evenly. Chicken might be the more popular cacciatore protein, but don’t sleep on pork. The Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet lends an intense amount of flavor to this slow cooker cacciatore. Since it’s already marinated, it’s quick and easy to prepare. You can serve this with pasta, potatoes, or eat it by itself.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork cuts and flavors are so easy to find at local retailers like Food Lion, Safeway or Walmart. They’re super versatile, a great base for any style of dish, packed with protein and made with no artificial ingredients.
Simply slice the loin into half-inch slices and combine all other ingredients in your slow cooker for a low and slow 4-hour cook. Your entire house will drool as this cooks down; the aroma is intoxicating.
We’re using meaty baby Bella mushrooms, sweet red bell peppers, tomatoes, yellow onion, fresh garlic, herbs and spices to compliment the pork. You can add other classics, such as carrots or celery, but this version is simple and crazy good!
Smithfield is having a “Shake It Up” Contest now through April 26th. Submit a photo of your original dish, along with a brief description on how you shake up your go-to recipes with Smithfield Fresh Pork to enter!
This post is sponsored by Smithfield and the Virginia Pork Council, all opinions are my own.Print
- 1 Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- 2 cups baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce jar marinara, or canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Slice the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet into half-inch slices.
- Create a bed of onions, mushrooms, garlic, and sweet red bell peppers on the bottom of your slow cooker. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, about a tablespoon. Arrange pork loin slices on top of the veggies. Pour over the marinara or canned crushed tomatoes, along with the tomato paste. Add the crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Serve.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: pork, stews
- Method: Slow Cooker
This post is sponsored by Smithfield and the Virginia Pork Council, all opinions are my own.