This post is sponsored by Duke’s Mayonnaise and includes tracking links. For more information about tracking links and how to opt out, please visit All About Do Not Track prior to clicking any links found in this post.
You guys have got to try this elote pasta salad featuring sweet corn, lime, and Duke’s Mayo! Duke’s mayo is a family staple, and that will never change. It’s the only jarred mayo we use in this household due to its signature tanginess and creaminess. I’m not the only one who loves it. Sooo many of your favorite chefs and food bloggers use Duke’s and only Duke’s for good reason!
I’ll never forget the first time I used it about a decade ago, and I haven’t used another brand since. It’s KEY for so many wonderful recipes, especially your typical potato salad, BLT, etc. Today, we’re using it to lend some extra twang to this creamy and bold game-day elote pasta salad. There is no added sugar in Duke’s mayo, which makes it a great option for any low-carb or keto dieters.
“But Resha, corn isn’t in season anymore” True, but there’s always frozen! Make sure you grab a 12 ounce bag of flash-frozen sweet corn for this recipe, and you won’t be sorry. Every time you bite into that tender pasta that perfectly grips the mayo mixture coated with cotija cheese, jalapeños, cilantro, lime zest and juice — whew! Such a wonderful recipe and super easy to make. Takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. You can add in juicy shredded or diced chicken to make it even more substantial. Or, try crab! Crab and/or chicken goes great with the elote flavors, especially that sweet corn as a contrast.
To make this easier on yourself, go ahead and prep everything first. Chop up your cilantro, jalapeños, onions, and be sure to zest and juice your limes. Seasonings used here are few but they’re bold. You will taste as you go and adjust quantities that suit your taste buds. I love to use Tajin seasoning because it has a strong citrus note, so make sure you have that. Lots of chili powder, some salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and that’s basically it!Print
All the elote flavors you love, but as a pasta salad. So delicious. Add chicken or crab to make it even more delectable!
- 8 ounces gemelli pasta
- 8 ounces shredded chicken, or crabmeat (optional)
- 12 ounces sweet corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Duke’s Mayo
- 1 large handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, finely grated
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Tajin seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, plus more if needed
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste (optional)
- Boil the pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When the pasta is nice and cold, transfer it to a bowl. Add the thawed sweet corn, sour cream, Duke’s Mayo, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, lime zest plus lime juice, Tajin, cotija cheese, and chili powder. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning by adding cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and sugar if needed. When it’s perfect, cover it with plastic wrap and let it hang out in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- You’ll notice that the pasta will literally soak up any “juiciness” from before, so feel free to adjust it again if that’s the case. Serve cold and enjoy!