Put the kids to bed, this recipe and post is for the adults
Are you offended yet? You shouldn’t be…it’s just a waffle lol.
Anyway…after sex, one of my favorite things to do is share a stack of sweet sticky pancakes or super sexy waffles — in bed. This recipe is for anyone who’s world has been rocked so extraordinarily well, that all you can do next is float through your kitchen like a drunken Disney princess (provided you have the energy), whipping up a sweet reward — After Sex Waffles!
(btw, that “drunken Disney princess” thing has nothing to do with Lindsay Lohan.)
Sometimes being an adult is fun. Anytime you can celebrate sexy-time by indulging into your carnal senses and feeding each other a deliciously fluffy fully-loaded waffle, you’re winning in life. These babies are the icing on top of your already hot-n-heavy adult-time
Yes. They’re loaded with deliciously amazing flavors and perfect for sharing with your lovemuffin…either before or after the deed. You can totally customize this recipe to suit your needs, but please understand how perfect and super indulgent this entire myriad of hungerlust truly is. It’s bursting with juicy, tiny and fragrant little vanilla beans…the subtle spice of cinnamon enhancing the warm creamy hunk of chocolate in every other bite…with sweet and tart strawberries on top…softened butter…vanilla and rum scented whipped cream…and salty, crispy bites of pancetta…
Anyway, they’re incredible and you have to try them ASAP. Valentines Day is approaching, so hook your honey up with a plate of these. If you know you wanna make these in advance, get all of your dry ingredients mixed together and set aside hours before your “workout”. You can also make the whipped cream a day or two in advance, and you can fry the bacon the night before, or at least earlier in the day. Then all you have to do is get your world rocked and quickly reward him or her with a super sexy waffle that’ll lead to some serious spooning, followed by a vicious nap.
Additional topping and add-in ideas below
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean (optional, if not using, add an additional teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup plump strawberries, hulled and patted dry
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- speck of salt
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp rum
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- speck of salt
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, crisped and chopped
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- **A "speck" of salt is simply less than a pinch of salt, at least that's what I tell myself...
- Get your waffle iron nice and hot, while you prep the ingredients. Don't spray it with nonstick spray until you're ready to pour the batter.
- Prepare the whipped cream. In a standing mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer whip the cold heavy cream, sugar, rum and vanilla extract on high until peaks form. Don't overbeat it, or it'll turn into butter. Tightly cover whipped cream with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready for use. This step can be done a day or two in advance.
- Fry your bacon in a 450 degree oven on a foil lined baking sheet until crisp, about 8 to 12 minutes depending on your oven. Drain on paper towels and chop into bite size pieces. This can be done a day ahead.
- With a small sharp knife, quarter your hulled strawberries and gently pat them dry with a paper towel if they're too wet. Place strawberries in a small bowl or large ziploc bag and toss with the granulated sugar and salt until evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap or simply seal your ziploc bag after removing the air. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes while you make your waffle batter.
- In a blender, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, and oil until frothy.
- In a large bowl, stir all of the dry ingredients together until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and toss until combined and coated with the flour mixture. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet mixture into the well, then stir just until the mix is moistened. Avoid over-mixing.
- Spray your waffle iron with nonstick spray, and spoon batter onto a hot waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Serve one waffle on a plate with a pat of butter, the strawberries, the rum whipped cream and salty crumbles of bacon.
- Grab 2 forks, share this delicious treat in bed and enjoy your mouthgasm...
fresh berries or warm apples
ice cream and hot fudge
white chocolate chips
zest from either a lemon, lime or orange