This recipe doesn’t require many specific measurements. It can be made with as many or as few carrots as you desire.
- 2lbs carrots, peeled and tops cut
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (can use any oil you want)
- good pinch of sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1–2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 425
- Arrange the peeled carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil you’re using, sprinkle with each seasoning and toss to coat. Drizzle with a little honey (they don’t need much, carrots are very sweet on their own when roasted). Spread the carrots out on the baking sheet so they’re not sticking together. They need a little room to breathe.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, then turn them over so the other side caramelizes. Roast about 10 more minutes. Brush just a little more honey over the carrots, if you’d like (you won’t need much). Sprinkle fresh thyme over the carrots and eat them ALLLL!
I used an oil infused with garlic and herbs, but you can use ANY oil you want. Coconut, grapeseed, and olive oil are great choices.