copyright 2012 CarnalDish.com
- 2 large ripe Hass avocados
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeded and diced (if you like spicy guac, keep the seeds)
- 1 small roma tomato, diced into chunks (optional)
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped (I used red onion, you can use any onion you want)
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- ½ tsp chili powder (optional)
- Cotija cheese crumbles for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado into chunks with a fork or knife. If you like a mushier guacamole, then go crazy with the fork. Add the lemon and lime juice, and remaining ingredients (excluding the cheese). Toss together until well combined.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cotija cheese on top and serve immediately.