This is somewhat of a spin on a classic aioli, which uses egg yolk instead of mayo. However, mayo is nothing but egg, oil and a few other ingredients anyway, so this is basically the same thing…
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tsp garlic paste (or finely minced garlic)
- 1 pinch of granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 tsp if using bottled lemon juice)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Pinch of salt, pepper, dried parsley, dash of cayenne to taste
- Combine everything and mix well. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour, up to 24 hours.