- Alfredo Sauce:
- 12 ounces fresh pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp shallots, finely minced
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 ounces parmigiano reggiano cheese, finely grated
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- fresh basil, to garnish
- *1 cup pasta water, used as needed to adjust consistency
- Please see video instructions!
- Toast breadcrumbs over medium-high heat, frequently tossing to avoid burning, until golden brown.