- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Boil water for your pasta and cook according to directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet to sautee the chopped shallot and garlic until tender.
- Add remaining 4tbsp of butter. Allow this to melt, then add the heavy cream.
- Slowly bring to a boil while whisking to incorporate the butter and cream together. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat, stirring semi-frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add your cooked al dente pasta directly to the sauce. If your sauce gets too thick, just add a little of the pasta water and stir around.
- Sprinkle in the cheese, and toss until evenly coated. Add a little of the pasta water if your mixture is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy that yummy thigh-thickening goodness!
Feel free to add chicken, shrimp, or whatever you want to this. This is just a very basic and very very yummy recipe to get you started.