Slightly adapted from To Temptation.
For the lemon pound cake:
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup PLUS 2 tablespoons Swerve granulated sweetener
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (I used Kirkland Blanched Almond Flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup Swerve powdered sweetener (plus more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1–2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- tiny pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
Coat a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray, layer with two sheets of parchment paper, then spray it again. Two sheets of parchment can help prevent the cake from browning too quickly before it’s done baking — especially if using a Pyrex loaf pan.
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven two 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the softened butter, cream cheese, lemon zest, and sweetener with an electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the room temperature eggs to a small bowl of measuring cup, along with the lemon and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure they’re thoroughly combined. At this point, both extracts are also in the mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture, then gently fold with a rubber spatula to gently mix. Once no huge pockets of almond flour remain, use your electric hand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared loaf pan, and bake for 45-55 minutes. Depending on the size of your loaf pan, it may take up to 10-15 minutes longer, so check for doneness around the 50 minute mark to be safe. Simply insert a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently whisk or beat the butter and cream cheese together until thoroughly combined. Add the Swerve powdered sweetener, and whisk or beat until completely smooth. Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the consistency as needed, adding more sweetener if needed, or more heavy cream.
- Add a tiny pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt to help bring out the flavors.
- Spread onto the cooled cake.
- Serve alone, or with berries and sugar-free whipped cream!
Assuming you’d slice this into 10 equal slices, one slice of cake (frosting not included) has approximately 3 net carbs. Keep in mind I’m using Kirkland Blanched Almond Flour for this recipe. If you’re using a different brand, the carb and net carb count will vary.
- Category: keto, low carb, desserts
Keywords: keto lemon pound cake, keto lemon cake, keto cake, low carb lemon cake, low carb pound cake