Marinade adapted from ATK.
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 3/4 cup low-sugar orange juice
- Zest from an orange
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- Zest from a lime
- 3 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños, finely minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Low carb tortillas
- Onions, chopped
- Crema (or greek yogurt thinned out with lime juice)
- Hot Sauce
- In a shallow baking dish, combine 1 tablespoon of the Mazola Corn Oil, orange juice, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, cumin, Mexican oregano, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, garlic, jalapeños, and red pepper flakes, mixing well. Add the steaks to the marinade, flipping to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Make sure you flip the steaks after 30 minutes.
- Prepare your charcoal grill by banking the lit coals on one side of the grill to create a hot zone, and a cooler zone on the opposite side. Cover the grill so it can get hot.
- Meanwhile, remove the steaks from the marinade and transfer the marinade to a small pot. Bring the marinade to a boil over high heat for 2 minutes to kill any bacteria. Remove from heat, then add both the lime and orange zest, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and half of the Mazola Corn Oil.
- Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and rub the steaks evenly with the remaining Mazola Corn Oil.
- Cook the steaks on the hot side of the grill until caramelized, about 2-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your steak. Move them to the cooler side of the grill and check the internal temperature. It should register around 130-135 degrees for medium. Remove the steaks from the grill when they are at proper temperature and cover them with aluminum foil. Allow them to rest for about 10-15 minutes. Cut the steaks on a bias against the grain into thin slices. Assemble your tacos, drizzling each one with a little of the reduced sauce. Top with white onion, cilantro, and fresh limes and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Tacos, Grilling
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Mexican