All the elote flavors you love, but as a pasta salad. So delicious. Add chicken or crab to make it even more delectable!
- 8 ounces gemelli pasta
- 8 ounces shredded chicken, or crabmeat (optional)
- 12 ounces sweet corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Duke’s Mayo
- 1 large handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, finely grated
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Tajin seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, plus more if needed
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste (optional)
- Boil the pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When the pasta is nice and cold, transfer it to a bowl. Add the thawed sweet corn, sour cream, Duke’s Mayo, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, lime zest plus lime juice, Tajin, cotija cheese, and chili powder. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Give it a taste and adjust seasoning by adding cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and sugar if needed. When it’s perfect, cover it with plastic wrap and let it hang out in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- You’ll notice that the pasta will literally soak up any “juiciness” from before, so feel free to adjust it again if that’s the case. Serve cold and enjoy!