- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- Using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, whip the butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually add the powdered sugar until all of it is incorporated.
- Add the Baileys, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Increase the speed to medium-high and whip for another 2 to 3 minutes, until it is light and fluffy.
- Using your favorite decorating tip, or an offset spatula, frost the cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Store the cupcakes in an airtight container.