- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (you could use chips)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Irish whiskey
- Finely chop the chocolate and transfer it to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the cream until simmering and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for one minute and then, using a rubber spatula, stir it from the center outward until smooth.
- Add the butter and whiskey and stir until combined.
- Let the ganache cool until thick but still soft enough to be piped.
To fill the cupcakes:
- Using a 1-inch round cookie cutter (or the bottom of a large decorating tip), cut the centers out of the cooled cupcakes, going about two-thirds of the way down.
- Transfer the ganache to a piping back with a wide tip and fill the holes in each cupcake to the top.