How to make buttermilk pancakes without real buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk + 1 tbsp white distilled vinegar (SEE NOTE BELOW)
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted real butter, cooled
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Butter & real maple syrup for topping
- **Please see video for cooking instructions.
If you don’t have white distilled vinegar, you can use real lemon juice in it’s place.
1 cup of real buttermilk can be used instead of whole milk- minus the vinegar. The vinegar can be omitted entirely too, the pancakes will still come out delicious. Real buttermilk will also give the pancakes a puffier finish.
If you don’t have an electric griddle or just don’t want to use one, you can cook your pancakes in a non-stick skillet or griddle-pan over medium-low heat.
Recipe can be doubled, except for the egg. You’ll still use just one egg if you double the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins