This is based off my original Flaky Buttermilk Biscuit recipe.
For the wet mixture
- 3/4 cup COLD buttermilk (full-fat)
- 1/4 cup COLD heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp granulated onion
- pinch hot paprika (or regular/sweet)
For the dry mixture
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 stick FROZEN unsalted butter, grated
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
For the garlic & herb butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all wet ingredients. Keep COLD.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Keep COLD.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients until dough forms. Dough should be slightly wet and sticky but stiff enough to hold a peak. Pop dough into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, and drop biscuits using 2 spoons onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. This dough will make 8 large or 12 regular sized biscuits.
- Bake until golden brown on middle-rack for 12-15 minutes.
- Brush immediately with warm garlic & herb butter.
- Get your life.