inspired by Red Lobster
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 3 tbsp cold butter, cubed or grated
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- ⅔ cup cold milk
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
Garlic Herb Butter to brush on top:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 4tbsp of butter and mix in the dried parsley, dried oregano, and granulated (or garlic powder). Mix well and set aside.
For the biscuits
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or use a silicone baking mat to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix the bisquick, butter, garlic salt, granulated garlic (or garlic powder) together. Add the cheese and toss with the dry mixture to coat. Add the milk and mix with a large spoon or your hands. The dough will be somewhat sticky, which is perfect for that “drop biscuit” appearance.
- Spoon the biscuits onto your cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, then remove from oven and brush them with the garlic herb butter.
- Put them back in the oven for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Try not to slap your mother.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins